Help picking a router

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:54:56 -0500, "ISPgeek" wrote in :

Senao user interface is hopelessly confusing to my clients, and I'm not too fond of it either, especially as compared to enterprise-grade products like SonicWALL and Cisco, or even consumer-grade stuff like Buffalo for that matter. Functionality is crude of missing altogether; e.g., selecting access points with the same SSID. Documentation sucks, badly translated from Chinese. Have things have gotten better since I last worked with them, close to a year ago?

Reply to
John Navas
Loading thread data ...

Obviously this thread has gone past your skill set level, much less your comprehension.

Have a nice day....

Reply to
decaturtxcowboy

Heh well.....the documentation I can't argue with...how many installers do you know who read the manual? The stuff for sure is not consumer friendly but for people in the business of making it their business to be your support center for such products its ideal. Our clients would never think of reconfiguring something themselves (they better not anyway). I don't consider anything from SonicWall professional grade...but that's my personal bias. Certainly cisco has earned the right to be called a commerical or professsional product but certainly not by their documentation or customer support (because frankly if you have no contract with cisco yer screwed). I guess it just depends on what you like and what your needs are...

Cheers!

ISPgeek

formatting link
and Software Support Forums Free Broadband Speed Test Free Web Hosting and eBay image hosting (no banners, no popups, NO JOKE!) Free Music Streams (1 Office Safe, 1 Not Office Safe) No Banners, No Popups, No Advertising of ANY Type

Reply to
ISPgeek

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 04:03:27 GMT, decaturtxcowboy wrote in :

Not even a nice try.

You too.

Let us know when you've finished the course.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.