Help! "Packet Scheduler Miniport #8" Driver Error

Last night while trying to install a device, my notebook system locked up and I had to power it down manually. Nothing else would do it.

Since then, I show the error (in the subject, above) in the device manager under networking devices, which explains itself as unable to install the driver. The device, "Packet Scheduler Miniport #8," cannot be uninstalled. Now my internal wireless device will not communicate properly.

I've Googled this and apparently it's a reasonably common problem without any answers I can find. I've uninstalled the related devices and then reinstalled them, but it makes no difference.

One somewhat related post I found said this had to be dealt with in the registry somehow.

Any thoughts? Thanks for any help!

Reply to
Perplexed
Loading thread data ...

Seriously, people, I'm dyin' here; I've had no wireless since this fiasco.

If nobody knows how to fix this (and nobody I've asked anywhere does), is there a more appropriate newsgroup on which to ask?

Many thanks for any help! I'm getting desperate...

Reply to
Anonymous

Screw it, I eventually fixed on my own. Wireless is up, errors are gone.

Thanks [cough!] for all the support and advice, huh?

Reply to
Anonymous

And thanks, too, for posting what the "real" problem was so others may benefit from your experience.

Reply to
Dave

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.