Help: No/Low connectivity Problems

I recently purchased a Dell 1505 laptop, and i already have a wireless netowrk setup(NETGEAR). I can connect to the network when no security is in place, but when i add the security to the router, it will not connect, or more specifically, the router will not assign me an IP address. I have downloaded the patch for SP 2 and added the file to my registry. Any help would be appreciated, i am not sure where to go from here

Reply to
altrock78
Loading thread data ...
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

The usual problem is mismatch of keys between hex and ASCII (text). Try entering all keys in hex.

Reply to
John Navas

HI

I am assuming that you have INTERNAL wireless card in ur laptop u dont have to do anything on the laptop

- Please do reply what is the MODEL number of the NETGEAR wireless router it is a WGR614v6 or WGT624v3 or anyone else..

- and what kind of security you are using WPA or WEP.. please provide me this information so that i can help you...

Reply to
Ankush

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.