HELP! How Network 2 Linksys Wireless PCs Together?!?!

I have a Linksys Wireless-G SpeedBooster router on the main PC and that connects to the internet OK. I have Linksys SpeedBooster cards in the main PC and my secondary PC. How do I get the two PCs to recognize each other? I want to be able to access the hard drives on the secondary machine from the main machine.

Main PC is a 2.8GHz Pentium IV Dell running XP. Secondary machine is a 333MHz (don't laugh) Dell Pentium II running XPSE. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

***************** Cameron Hughes ***************** ************** snipped-for-privacy@nyc.rr.com *************** *********** '00 Sportster 1200 Custom ************ **************** Carpe diem, baby ****************
Reply to
chughes1
Loading thread data ...

Second question: How do I get the secondary PC on the internet? It sees the router connection and I give it my 128-bit encryption passphrase and it can't find the net. Any ideas?

HELP!! PLEASE!!

***************** Cameron Hughes ***************** ************** snipped-for-privacy@nyc.rr.com *************** *********** '00 Sportster 1200 Custom ************ **************** Carpe diem, baby ****************
Reply to
chughes1

When you say "on", do you mean connected with a USB connection or an Ethernet connection? Or using wireless?

Put them in the same workgroup and turn off the Windoze firewall.

Reply to
William P. N. Smith

Try it briefly with encryption turned off to see where the problem lies.

Reply to
William P. N. Smith

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.