Help, can not send mail via my router, I think port setting

Hi all,

I am new to router setting. Please help.

I use my notebook and Outlook Express to send/receive e-mail in my company, the Outlook express port setting "In the advanced tag" is Outgoing STMP - PORT 25, also click on the SSL(Q) Incoming POP3(I) - PORT 995, also click on the SSL(C) So, I can receive and send out e-mail in my company.

However, when I bring the notebook back to my home, I use Linksys WRT54G ( wireless router) . I can only recieve e-mail in Outlook express, but can not send out.

I think it is my port setting in the Linksys. Can someone help?

Thank you. :-)

Reply to
simho3000
Loading thread data ...

On 1 May 2007 05:39:34 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

This is probably a restriction by your company, not a problem in your router. Ask the IT people if they support sending email from outside the company, and if so, how to do it. Or simply use a different email server (e.g., free Google Mail) for outgoing mail outside the company.

Reply to
John Navas

Most likely your ISP is blocking port 25 but what you could do is to buy alternative-port SMTP service which provide authenticated smtp access via other ports.

No-ip.com provide such service

formatting link
But first contact your ISP to find out if they are actually blocking port 25.

-aljuhani

Reply to
aljuhani

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.