HD streaming over 802.11g

I'm trying to stream HDTV files over 802.11g, they stutter somethign terrible. Short of converting them to smaller files, is there anything else I can do? I can recording OTA with an ATI HD Wonder card and saving, for now, as HD WMV files.

- JB

Reply to
JB
Loading thread data ...

First you probably need to do some math, run the numbers on the bitrate of your video vs the throughput you're getting. The best I see at home is about 10-20Mbit/sec on my 802.11g network, going from a router downstairs to my laptop upstairs. It varies quite a bit depending on time of day and presumably activity on other 2.4GHz channels. If you measure your actual throughput and find you're close, maybe using a pair of high gain antennas may buy you enough extra headroom to keep running at full speed.

Some of the problem may be in whatever server / protocol is streaming the data. Hard to say without knowing more about your setup.

Reply to
Howard Chu

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.