Having throughput problems with Netgear WGU624 router

I just purchased the recently released Netgear WGU624 dual band a/b/g wireless router with the matching Netgear WAG511 adapter and I am having troubles downloading files at the maximum speeds offered by Comcast. Both wired and wireless computers are affected. Transfering within the LAN is no problem, I get better speeds than I did with my old routers, but trying to download from any site on the WAN, my speeds slow significantly to anywhere from 30k to 2k. I have no idea why. Browsing with Firefox seems fine though. Playing with the MTU values have no effect.

Reply to
Flaline
Loading thread data ...

I have a 512K cable and if I go do a speed test (you can search on this and find one) it shows pretty close to 512K but if I download a program from a website I usually just get about 50k or so. I think some sites limit the download speed so it doesnt suck up all their bandwidth..........maybe someone else can add to this though. As with me Browsing is GOOD

Reply to
Airhead

Is your 50k, 50 Kbits/sec or 50 KB/sec?

50 KB/sec is 400 Kbits/sec which is what one would expect for a download.

Brian

Reply to
Brian K

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.