Has anybody heard of Shireen amps?

Is this a good 1 watt amp? I googled their name and not much came up. It says the Rx and Tx gain are both 18dB, but the output is 30dB. What is the difference between the gain and the output? Are the gain figures just for the router side?

formatting link

Reply to
Michael Shaffer
Loading thread data ...

1 Watt=30db - Probably the 30db is the max output also max output per FCC for an intentiona radiator.

Gain is how much the signal is increased compared to what the original signal was. Basically if you fed in a 10mw signal to an amp that has 18dbm gain the signal would be around 640mw.

Same on the recieve side, it increases the received signal by a gain of 18db.

I would ask them email you a copy of the specs.

formatting link

Reply to
Airhead

Interesting, how did you get the 640mw figure? I was going to use it with my 200mw card so I wonder if I would break the amplifier, but it does say 200mw maximum input. I wonder if it would limit me to 1 watt or if it would put out more. hmmmm

Reply to
Michael Shaffer

figures

original

formatting link
> 036690&rd=1&tc=photo

1 Watt is the legal limit at the output even without an amp. 4 watts is max output with an antenna attached for a P2MP. Somewhat different rules for a P2P but still the output can be no more than 1 watt. Feeding 200mw into an amp with 18dbi gain would result in about 13 watts or so. Whats your objective? BTW every 3db doubles the output so 18db would double the output 6 times so 10 doubled 6 times is 640
Reply to
Airhead

I just emailed the guy who I made the amp and he says if I put the Senao card too close it will just distort the signal and make things worse, he recommends putting it behind a few feet of cable. Still, I wonder if it will make more than 1 watt or not.

Reply to
Michael Shaffer

formatting link
>

objective?

worse, he

An amp is designed to compensate for lost gain. So if you have your Senao in the house and you run

100 foot of cable or so outside and up a tower, ad connectors, a lightning arrestor etc etc then all this would attenuate the signal to some degree. It depends on how much and how long of everything between the senao and the amp. In order to determine all this you need to know where the senao will be and where the antenna will be placed, figure length and type of cable etc. Why do you think you need an amp? what do you want to do?
Reply to
Airhead

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.