Good signal, bad connection speed with wireless network

Hail all!

This is my first post in this forum, and maybe this problem has been posted here already, but i tried many things and didn't get a solution.

Here is the problem:

I have a router D-Link DI-524 and an D-Link DWL-G132 USB network wireless adapter. The router is configured, everything working fine with cable connections. All pcs have fixed ip configured.

Both of the wireless connections get terrible speed, even though the signal is shown as "very strong".

Reading many things on the internet, i tried many things:

1. Changed the channel to many values, like 11 or 2;
  2. changed the ssid to something very uncommon;
  3. changed the wireless mode to all possible values: mixed or G;
  4. thinking somethin was wrong with the wireless network adapter i tried with a different computer, a notebook, faced the same problem;
  5. read somewhere it could be interference, then i turned off 2.4GHz phones and even wireless keyboards and mouses. Didn't work also, got problem even when the notebook in front of the access point.

I noticed i got some packages lost sometimes when i "pinged" some hosts at the internet.

Can someone help me?

Best regards,

Israel Guerra

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
Israel Guerra
Loading thread data ...

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 14:03:35 -0500, Israel Guerra wrote in :

Is the client computer a laptop? If so, try performance in a public Wi-Fi hotspot.

Use 'tracert' to find where they are being lost.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.