Getting a share-able network from my Verizon Broadband card

Hi Folks, I have a Verizon Broadband wireless card that I am pretty happy with. I use it in my laptop and added a PCMCIA slot to my desktop and it works fine there. Now what I want to do it be able to share the connection with my laptop via a Linksys wireless network. When I connect my Linksys Broadband router to the desktop via the network port it doesn't get a signal from the card.

Is there some way to redirect the network connection from the internal modem to the Verizon card?

Your assistance is much appreciated. - Thanks Baffled by Broadband

Reply to
broadband-baffeled
Loading thread data ...

Baffled:

On what operating system?

If it's XP, have you looked at bridging the connections?

Chris

formatting link

Reply to
NetSteady

Could he not use the Internet Connection Sharing crap built into windows?

Reply to
Adair Witner

Sure could.

Adair Witner wrote:

Reply to
NetSteady

Maybe, maybe not... There are some locations/reports of the SOFTWARE (card stuff from verizon) not working at all with networking, so you can't share... There are several hardware units that don't need no steenking computer or limiting software (I have a Kyocera KR1 router, card goes into it, allows both wired and wireless sharing link at

formatting link
) Any idea where the OP is at?

Reply to
Peter Pan

Reply to
broadband-baffeled

Reply to
broadband-baffeled

Yes.. Not only me, but a few people have them in their RV's so they can have in motion internet on the go for both wired and wireless machines (passengers, NOT the driver!)

In the process of setting it up for real estate agents in both the Buffalo NY and Baltimore MD areas.. While the city has high speed/EVDO, when in the outer areas, the speed/system drops to 1X data speeds.. The kyocera units works fine/the same in both areas (albeit slower in 1x)..

While it is a bit pricey (about $275 bucks), that is a one time cost, not monthly (like the data card)...

broadband-baffeled wrote:

Reply to
Peter Pan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.