getting a dialed up service

How do I go about online searching for a dial-up service provider other than google? I tired redshift. They don't serve my area.

Reply to
ME
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

Reply to
Jack Daniels

Thanks. I was havign trouble getting DSL ordered even though I knew that it's availabel at this address cus my brother used to have it here.

I tried ordering directly with AT&T online that gives free modem but couldn't and finally got a sale person who gives me the same deal as online.

I am still going to take a dial-up.

Reply to
ME

I kinda like:

formatting link
ISP's are a bit more complicated to find, but you wanted dialup.

Ummm... DSL is not dialup.

Nope. The cheap rate is only for an online purchase. If you call them on the phone, you get to either pay the telemarketers commission or the non-promotional rate (depending on which way the wind blows).

Dumb. DSL is actually cheaper than some dialup rates for the first year.

Ummm.... Google does not offer dialup ISP service.

Redshift would put you in Monterey County, CA. Wanna disclose where you're located as there are plenty of options? Since this is a wireless newsgroup and your question is rather off topic, I'll offer what I guess might be a local wireless ISP.

formatting link
from Fremont Pk and somewhere around Mt Toro. Well, maybe not. Your posting IP shows Larkspur, CA.
formatting link
a Comcast cable modem. Huh?

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Initially it was cus getting DSL was a pain since AT&T (my phone service provider) kept telling me that I couldn't.

No.

I don't know yet that DSL would work for sure. I was told that they required things and I may not be getting it anymore.

I'll email info on you my location.

Nope.

Currently comcast.

Reply to
ME

Walmart has tons of POPs all over the place for $10 a month.

Reply to
decaturtxcowboy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.