Get binned off my wireless connection and my card tries to connect to another???

Hi,

I have a belkin G+ mimo router which I'm trying to connect to with a belkin G+ mimo wireless card (which came with the router), the problem I am getting is that it does connect every now and again but then bins off and tries to connect to another connection called bigsponge (which is not mine). My housemate has no problems connecting to our router using a netgear wireless card and I have tried a few other wireless cards(tp-link card, another belkin card) but all seem to have the same problems. The signal strength is very good more than this bigsponge router so I cant understand why it would be doing this. I am currently using WPA-PSK security but I have the same problem when there is no security applied and bigsponge has WEP security. I'm starting to go bald with all the hair pulling, its so frustrating and when I called the belkin helpline I got put through to someone who couldnt help me and then went to pass me onto someone else (after about

2 hours due our conversation being lost in translation if you get my jist!!) and then put the phone down on me....great!! If anyone can help me I will be eternally gratefull!! thanks in advance rudi

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
dimmented
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.