From wireless to ethernet

Hi,

i have to connect an ethernet device in a wireless network. I've tried with D-Link AP 900 as a wireless client and it runs ok IF the network AP's are D-LINK. There's some other low cost device running with every AP brand?

thanks

Reply to
Brunt
Loading thread data ...

Are you thinking out loud, or was there a question? WET 11 DWL 810+

Reply to
Stop Humpin' My Leg Dawg!!

Brunt hath wroth:

I think you mean Dlink DWL-900AP+. The client mode in the DWL-900AP+ is not the greatest. I've had problems trying to get it to connect to some access points. For example, my DWL-900AP+ has no problem connecting to my BEFW11S4v4 but refuses to stay connected to my WRT54Gv1.1 with DD-WRT firmware.

The DWL-900AP+ uses the TI ACX100 chipset. Finding a wireless access point with a similar chipset is not difficult:

formatting link
all of these are old and 802.11b only. Please note that current DLink products use a wide variety of chipsets and may also NOT work with the DWL-900AP+ in client mode.

I don't know of any client device or ethernet bridge that is 100% compatible with everything.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I have a Buffalo Ethernet to Wireless converter that works fine with a Netgear router. But it isn't an access point used as a client. AFAIK not all access points have a client mode, though many do.

Reply to
SMS

yes

The client mode in the DWL-900AP+ is not the greatest. I've had problems trying to get it to connect to

that's my problem. I can'e use it in another network with different APs

wonderful!!!

Others than DWL-900?

Reply to
Brunt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.