Frequent disconnections from SMC wireless router

Hello,

Our home wireless network is operated by an SMC 2804WBRP-G Barricade wireless router, which is connected to the cable modem.

Internet access through the ethernet interface works just fine when tapping both directly from the modem and from the router. However, I've been experiencing frequent disconnections when connected through a wireless interface.

I plugged an SMC EZ-connect unidirectionnal antenna into the router to cover more area (which is more or less effective; the signal suffers much from the presence of many walls). Also in the router configuration, I've enabled 'Long range mixed mode signal (11b+11g)'.

If I disable 'long range mixed mode' in favor of just 'mixed mode (11b+11g)', the disconnections seem to go away.

Is there any reason why this should happen? Why the distinction between long-range and not-long-range? Is there anything I am doing wrong in the setup of the router?

Many thanks in advance, Dominique

Reply to
dominique.orban
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.