Forcing router to 10 mbps half duplex

Is there a wireless router available that I can force into 10 half duplex? I've tried several, without success.

I live in an apartment complex that provides free internet. However, the only way that my network cards (I have 3 different computers) can recognize the network is if I force the setting into 10 half duplex. Auto negotiate does not work! I was told by the apartment manager that this is a known problem because this is an old network system. Consequently, the routers that I have purchased are unable to recognize this network. I'm guessing that it also needs to be forced into 10 half duplex to function.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
E Yen
Loading thread data ...

Find an old 10baseT hub. Connect it between your wireless router and the apartment complex LAN. NWAY negotiation probably is working on your existing wireless router. It will see the 10baseT-HDX hub and set itself to the proper protocol.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.