[for expert] long distance wieless: help!!!

Hi guys, i badly need the help of everybody.

This is my situation at the moment: where i live, i got a broadband service, but at about 300 feet far from my house, i still don't have high speed internet. How can i take the signal up to there??????

Around 10 houses separate mine from my office.

I could install the dial up service, but this would make me to loose the whole day just to ceck my e.mail, and since i work on the internet i`m now risking to loose my job!!!!!

Please, help me if u can!!!!!!

Thanks, Vinnie

Reply to
robert
Loading thread data ...

Hi Robert,

You mean have a broadband service in your office which is only 300 feet far from your home?

Do you have a line of sight between them or blocked by the houses?

Naim

formatting link

robert wrote:

Reply to
Panda

Panda ha scritto:

Hi Panda, unfortunatly there like 10 houses between me and my office, and geometrically, my house and my office they form an "L"

What do u think i could do?

Vinnie

Reply to
robert

Any specific reason you just don't get service at home too? Or are you trying to use the office one free from home?

Reply to
Peter Pan

Peter Pan ha scritto:

No, it`s just that the boradban service does not rich the very last building and it`s gonna take at least 3 - 4 months before they reach my area. I`ve been waiting for 3 months, but nothing.

So at moment, i`m hinking to upgrade my internet service in my office, in roder to use it in both places: as u can see i`m gonna pay more: upgrading + antennas + accessories = much more than subscribing for a second contract BB line.

Do u have any idea on how i could solve this problem?

Thanks, Vinnie

Reply to
robert

Got any tv antenna at each of the places? I have used the USB super directional antennas mounted to the mast/aimed at the other one also mounted on the mast, to essential make a very tight directional bridge between the two... (Have to find my notes to get the make/model/url of it), but basically it is a USB dongle mounted inside a directional cantenna, and with multiple USB extension cables can easily leave the computer inside, and the device and power for it on the mast itself on the roof (luckily from the tv mast on my home roof I can see the tv antenna mast on the work building) Like your situation, cable broadband ended at my office, but I lived 4 miles away, and had to link work to home...

Not exactly this (dish antenna rather than a cantenna), but similar to this [HWU8DD] Hi-GainT USB Wireless-G Dish Adapter

formatting link
it in a weatherproof case, mounted on an antenna mast, aimed at another one creating a bridge, and having a USB+extension cables running into your place and connected to the computer...

Reply to
Peter Pan

On 30 Jul 2006 14:18:10 -0700, "robert" wrote in :

Do you have line of sight? If so, you may be able to setup a Wi-Fi link.

Reply to
John Navas

How? Vinnie

Reply to
Vinnie

On 4 Aug 2006 15:27:35 -0700, "Vinnie" wrote in :

1. Wireless access point
  2. Wireless client bridge
  3. Directional antennas pointed at each other
Reply to
John Navas

John Navas ha scritto:

Since i don't have the line of sight, what kind of antenna should i use?

The pic is this: ( with " | '' i mean buildings. Those are as tall as 30 feet)

Point A --> | | | | | Point B

I mesured today the distance bet ween the point A and B, and it seemes to be around 500 meters, 1500 feet.

Thanks Vinnie

Reply to
Vinnie

On 5 Aug 2006 13:11:50 -0700, "Vinnie" wrote in :

Doesn't matter, because it won't work. That's why I asked back in the beginning about line of sight. ;)

Won't work, no how, no way.

Reply to
John Navas

John Navas ha scritto:

So, for my case, on ur experience, is there any kind of antenna that i can buy (e.g. on e.bay) to let the signal to reach my office?

Thanks Vinnie

Reply to
Vinnie

On 6 Aug 2006 04:40:59 -0700, "Vinnie" wrote in :

What part of "Won't work, no how, no way" was unclear?

Reply to
John Navas

Line of site is requried... You're only option is "over the top" with an antenna on a high pole/mast at each end.

Reply to
Doz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.