Flashing a WRT54G router (with v7.00.1 firmware) with a linux firmware?

I have a WRT54G router with v7.00.1 firmware (serial number starting CDFE1...) and I would like to flash it with one of the Linux firmware distros (for better QoS, user restriction management, etc) but I read on the Tomato site

formatting link
that my router doesn't seem to be supported and similar on the Bitsum
formatting link
site.

My question is: Is there a relatively full featured Linux firmware "upgrade" that will work on my model of WRT54G router? Any help or suggestions would really be appreciated!

Cheers

-Gaiko

Reply to
gaikokujinkyofusho
Loading thread data ...

Go look at

formatting link
I recently flashed my v5 WRT54G and the ddwrt firmware offers an amazing array of new features including QoS which you're seeking. Until I found this, I thought upgrading the firmware in my v5 WRT54G router was not a possibility because it wasn't Linux based and because of the limited RAM (8Meg) in the unit. I needed to use the router as a wireless bridge and could not do so with the stock Linksys firmware. After flashing the proper firmware (mirco generic ddwrt), it's working fine as a wireless bridge connecting my DirecTV HR20 and XBox to my home network.

Reply to
jch

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.