Flaky performance on xp, ok on vista

Hi,

There is an issue on my wireless setup and unfortunately I'm not being able to figure out the way to fix it.

I'm using an Acer Aspire 5050 laptop with an Atheros AR5005G wireless adaptor.

It came with Windows Vista and the network works fine on it. Now I have installed Windows XP SP2 and I can run both OS (dual boot) on the same laptop.

The problem is, on XP, from time to time, the network performance falls dramatically: web loading is extremely slow and incomplete, or I don't get any response at all. Not only web, but every internet services stop working. The router configuration web interface fails to load properly, too. Pings to the router get very long response times (hundreds of ms) or no response at all. After some frustrating minutes, the issue is magically fixed and everything works fine again.

It only happens on Windows XP, never on Vista (on the same laptop). The Atheros AR5005G driver for XP is the latest from Acer support site (ver. 5.1.1.9).

I think the issue is exactly the same as described here:

formatting link
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
numerich
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.