firewall trouble - zone alarm

Hi,

Im having real trouble with my wireless connection. I have a pc that is connected to the internet and also to a WAP that lets my other pc upstairs connect.

I have installed zone alarm on both machines, but whenever zone alarm is running on the pc connected to the interet, i cant access the interenet upstairs. The wireless connection is fine, but nothing seems to be getting through.

Ive checked to make sure the wireless network is added as a trusted network on both pcs, but it only connects if zone alarm is switched off on the pc connected to the internet and WAP.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
al20051
Loading thread data ...

A bit more detail on your network is required as well as the version of Zone Alarm.

Is your set up:- Internet--->Modem--->PC--->Wap upstairs PC Are you trying to use ICS ?

formatting link
or is your set up something different?

Reply to
LR

Dump it and get Kerio. Great fireall, particularly when used in learning mode.

Very easy to configure for networks, and works great behind a hardware firewall.

I used Zonealarm for years but it turned into a fat pig from XP on.

Cheers

Rob

Reply to
me here

A fat pig? Yes and no.

The ZA download is enormous (~40MB) but, once installed, ZA is not a resource hog in memory use or in CPU cycles. I continue to use it on several PCs, including Vista and XP (PRO, HE, and MC).

Reply to
Bob Willard

I ran in to this problem myself very recently.

The free version of ZA does not support ICS. You can run it on the client compiuters, but not on the machine that is sharing its Internet connection.

The "Plus" and "Pro" versions support ICS.

Google "Zonealarm ics" and you will find lots of hits.

Reply to
Dave Rudisill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.