FireWall set to High?

If you have the Westell acting as a firewall, it is probably also acting as a router. Then you are using a Linksys wireless router, doubtless acting as a router.

Double NAT problems?

Suggest you set the Westell to bridge mode and use only the Linksys for router/firewall purposes.

Reply to
Jerry Park
Loading thread data ...

I'm using a Westell 1600 modem and a Linksys WRT54G wireless router and since hooking them up and setting the modem to a high firewall setting I'm not able to get audio streaming from my internet radio sites. Is this a result of to high a setting and is there a way to tell (rules) either the modem or router to allow these type of sites through? I do have my browser (firefox) rules set to allow them.

Mandrake Linux 2005 LE Westell 1600 modem on Verizon Linksys WRT54G wireless router.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
evodawg

I have the modem set as a bridge.

Reply to
evodawg

Follow up question? When the modem is set to bridge like I have it, does that mean the firewall on the modem is not active and signal is only passing through the modem with no firewall protection?

Rich

Reply to
evodawg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.