Firewall Selection Help

Good day. I'm starting a network consisting of 50 PCs (both wireless and wired solution) through a satellite connection. I need a dedicated firewall which will be able to accomplish the following:

-MAC Filtering for hardlined machines (the wireless router can handle MAC filtering for wireless)

-Badwidth limits per MAC address for a specific time period

-Logs of all traffic

-Log specifically for bandwidth

-Blocking of some P2P processes, but not all (don't allow gaming but do allow skype, etc)

-DHCP

-Normal DoS protection, etc

-VPN is not important to us

Any advice? I'm finding tons of equipment out there, but I'm hoping to spend less than $200. I've seen ZyXEL ZyWALL 2 Plus, which looks good, but I'm not 100% convinced.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
LTKaveman
Loading thread data ...

I might be way wrong but to find a firewall to do all that you're going to need more than $200. One of the free linux firewall distros and an old computer might do the trick Per your statement about the wireless handing wireless and wired handling wired I would re think that and let wireless just be an access point and let the firewall do all of your traffic control.

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.