Failure for Wireless Links to Reestablish

Our network consists of a desktop and two laptops. The desktop is hardwired to out Netgear WGR-614 router and the laptops use Netgear WR-511 wireless PCI cards. The system has been working fine for the past year until we installed XP Service Pack 2. Now, when we reboot, turn off and on, or even go to standby mode, both laptops fail to reestablish their wireless links. We must manually go into the PCI cards utility and reestablish the link. After that everything works fine (until the next shutdown).

Reply to
Bob & Nan
Loading thread data ...

In the wireless config there are some counter intuitive settings to do with "automatically reconnect" or something like that. Whatever they're set to, change them.

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

Can't find anything like "automatic reconnect". Any other ideas????

Reply to
Bob & Nan

start...settings...networks. double click your wireless network icon, select "properties" select the wireless tab select your wireless network in the list of preferred networks click the properties button (yes, I know the above sounds like you do the same thing twice - you don't, its just MS trying to confuse us) check the setting of "the key is supplied automatically" on one tab and something else on the connections tab. I forget precisely which one did the trick for me.

Also, please always use the group for communication, so that others benefit from answers. I don't respond to personal email.

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

Reply to
Bob & Nan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.