extending wireless router range questions

I have a linksys bg wireless router at one end of a rather long convoluted ranch house. I'd like to connect a cat5 cable from the router to a linksys wap at the other end of the house, so wireless access will be available throughout. Once the cable is connected, how do I configure the wap. No encryption is necessary

tia, rbm

Reply to
RBM
Loading thread data ...

It's not hard, but I don't feel like doing homework right this minute. Why don't you:

1) go to the linksys site and download the instructions for this WAP. Read it. 2) Go to linksysinfo web site and find a sticky or tutorial for setting up an AP as ...an AP!

OK. I did your homework a little more. Typing "setup linksys WAP" into google (something so simple even your average novice could do it!) yields:

formatting link

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
Cheers, Steve

Reply to
seaweedsl

you looking for options for the cable (powerline works great for me), or the wap setup? (i have wap/routers at each end of the house with a powerline link from the router/lan to router/lan ((not the wan)))

Reply to
Peter Pan

Thanks for the info, I had done some searches, but nothing specific to my needs turned up. I wasn't aware that Linksys had this specific info on their site. I assumed that this was more complicated than it is. For what I'm doing, it's pretty much plug and play. Thanks

Reply to
RBM

For what I'm

I thought it was plug and pRay! :)

Reply to
Peter Pan

R. Brad Martin?

Reply to
AriĀ©

That link looks like a photo of the best governor Texas never had, the one they failed to elect.

I kinda doubt that you are that same cigar chomping musician guy from camp, um was it Echo Hill ? ... anyway if so, howdy !

Reply to
seaweedsl

Great. Glad to help.

Reply to
seaweedsl

Needless to say, everything I do with computers or networking, is plug and pray

>
Reply to
RBM

No, rbm from NY, no cigar

Reply to
RBM

Oh, OK. It's the photo you linked to. Looks like Kinky F. Who does live in NY at times.

Reply to
seaweedsl

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.