Extending my wireless network with a repeater

I have a D-Link DWL-2000AP+ (I am in Italy) and I am trying to extend the range of my wireless network. From reading the thread topics, it seems that I could either get another access point and use it as a repeater, or, buy a more powerful antenna. There seems to be an equal amount of positive and negative experiences regarding both situations. I have an old D-Link DWL-2000AP (not plus) and I've tried several times to get it to work as a repeater but I've had no luck. Is there any way I can get the old 2000AP to extend the range of the 2000-AP+? Thanks!

snipped-for-privacy@email.it

Reply to
brendacchio
Loading thread data ...

From DLink's Knowledge Base:

formatting link
DWL-2000AP (not plus) All revisions / Knowledge Base / Configuration / Repeater Mode Notice

-- This unit does not work in repeater mode. In the configuration, Repeater mode is listed but does not work. When repeater mode is selected the unit will act simply as an access point (AP mode).

This option will be removed in the next firmware upgrade.

Reply to
Eric

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.