Experience with GigaFast Wireless-G Router (WF719-CAPR)?

Hi friends,

Does anyone have experience with Gigafast wireless routers?

In particular, this model: GigaFast Wireless-G Router (WF719-CAPR)

Future Shop is selling this with $3.99 after rebate. I wonder if:

1) the wireless works well 2) the company actual gives you rebate (Future Shop does not guarentee)

Another buyer of a similar model (WF717) has the following negative feedback:

The GigaFast WF717-APR router is loaded with features but lacking in performance: It lost signal before the 120-foot mark. We were also disturbed that client PC Cards could not reconnect to the router once they lost their connection-a reboot of the router was required.

Link to Future Shop item:

formatting link
Thanks.

Reply to
Kelvin
Loading thread data ...

I was asking the same question . It is $4 with 3 yrs of warranty(that is inside the box). The big question is :where is the catch? I saw what was inside: a power supply, a network cable, a cd and the unit itself. I did not take it.

Daniel

Reply to
dtong22

I used to buy another router from Future Shop. The manufacturer never mail me back the rebate, their e-mail never works, and their voice mailbox is always full. I wonder if this is the same trick for Gigafast.

I didn't buy it too. If they have marked up the price to be 10 bucks after rebate, I might have taken it home. $4 is quite fishy.

Reply to
Kelvin

I bought the WF719-CAPR router because I was lured by the rebate. So far I am still awaiting the rebate.

The WF719-CAPR is however, a very capable router. It can be used as a wireless client, as a wireless extender, and as an access point.

wireless client - it can connect to any wireless access point and allows you to plug up to four computers to share this wireless connection. Usefull for older computers that doesn't have wireless cards, Xbox, etc.

wireless extender - it supports WDS protocol that means if you have two routers with WDS support (i.e. two of these) you can extend the range of your wireless throughout your house, no more dead spots.

access point - standard use for most people. plug into your cable or dsl modem and use it to share an internet connection.

The manual is a joke because it doesn't really describe why certain settings are needed but luckily the interface is fairly intuitive.

Reply to
xconx

Echo, I have same router and I used it for as a wireless Client, I must say it works nicely so far. The negative side is I am experience with its RESET, since every time you want it to associate to another AP, you must reset it back to normal AP mode first, then re-do the client/bridge again. The manual does not mention 'How' the reset suppose to be done, like with Power On or without ? At once I have used hour(s) to just have it reset, and I have no idea of how I did it, it seems it just back suddenly !. Called their support, the guy said 'Push the reset AND pull the power ON and OFF', but it does not work either.

This is very good deal while it costs of $10 in total assumed the MIR does come. I regreted I didn't pick up one or two more of this toy on last sale from FS.

Any one out there has any idea what exactly it should be when comes to reset please ?

Reply to
nice4

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.