Ethernet > WiFi adaptor with WPA?

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:11:38 GMT, T i m wrote in :

Sounds like something is screwed up in your Firefox configuration. You might want to try a complete purge and fresh install.

I generally take such posts with a grain of salt unless I know the poster to be reliable because the majority of the time they turn out to be cockpit error.

This kind of thing is one reason I avoid and recommend against Belkin gear, which tends to be buggy forever, cheap in all senses of the word. I recommend Buffalo instead.

Reply to
John Navas
Loading thread data ...

Yes, it with the computers connected to through hub. The F5D7330 is connected to - bridges to - an access point (D-Link DWL-G700AP) which in turn is connected to a router. This router doles out the ip-addresses on the LAN.

The reason here was the D-Link. I haven't figured out what the reason is.

Opera? iCab?

I've used the F5D7330 as a WiFi adapter connected to the ethernet port on a Power Macintosh G3 (Gossamer) running Mac OS 9.1 without any problems. I was able configure the adapter using IE 5.1. So your Dad should be allright there.

Reply to
Axel Hammerschmidt

'iCab' that was it .. any good? (I've used Opera on the PC and that was ok also)

Brilliant, thanks for that Axel .. !

Now I've just got to hope it will connect to whatever router BT give Dad (it's ADSL, Wireless and has VOIP) ?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Tonight I got my mate next door to try it for me (our LAN's are connected, sad or what) .. same results as me?

Understood John, and I nearly bought a router that I could use as a WiFi Ether link but it seems a shame and like overkill (but might even have been cheaper)?

I needed this fairly quickly and it was more of what PC World had in stock (and with web discount for collect and buy) ;-)

Also fairly local to take back (as there were no guarantees it *would* support WPA or work) and I have used Belkins 'lifetime warrantee' a few times now to good effect (two duff routers of the same model swapped out with no question).

Of course I wouldn't need that if they didn't go wrong but I've got two duff D-Links and a duff Trust here ready for the bin (all died outside the warantee).

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. I bought a Buffalo PCMCIA card to be able to use an external Yagi with netstumbler and range tests etc but it's my least reliable card and infact no longer lives in my laptop bag? ;-(

Reply to
T i m

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.