equipment for long range wireless....

hey folks--

can someone suggest the right equipment to get a wireless signal to be picked up from 500-1000 feet ? i have a large farm and want to get wireless into our barn/office from our primary house.

thanks {eter

Reply to
Craig
Loading thread data ...

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 19:14:49 -0400, "Craig" wrote in :

Do you have unobstructed line of sight? If so, standard equipment with good high-gain antennas on each end, mounted as high as possible.

Reply to
John Navas

Thanks...i do have one tree that's sort of in the way.

as far as equipment, what would be suggested ? Netgear RangeMax or Netgear Prosafe line ? Linksys ?

Thanks for all the help

Peter

Reply to
Craig

As I said before, standard equipment should be fine with good high-gain antennas. For the outdoor antennas I suggest:

• Hawking HAO14SDP Hi-Gain 14dBi Outdoor Directional Antenna Kit

-or-

• Hawking HAO14SD Outdoor Hi-Gain 14dBi Directional Antenna Kit

Any decent wireless access point (or router configured as an access point) and wireless client bridge with external antenna connectors can be used, but I'd personally stick with one vendor if you're buying new; e.g., Hawking HWBA54G Wireless-G Multi-Function AP/Bridge (which supports both modes).

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 18:04:51 -0400, "Craig" wrote in :

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.