Email Folders and Networking

Depends on how cheap you want to be. You set the store folder in Express to be a shared network directory (free but you will get a hiccup now and then if two machines try to change the message at the same time, or there are much cheaper alternatives to a full blown exchange server (haven't used this, but you may want to check it out at

formatting link
"WorkgroupShare for Outlook 1.5.8 Share Outlook information without Exchange Server. OS: Windows (all) File Size: 3.15MB License: Free to try, $149.00 to buy", or of course a rather/very expensive way, a full exchange server.

Reply to
Peter Pan
Loading thread data ...

I am networking a wireless laptop to a desktop. I've set up Outlook Express on both computers to keep copy of messages on the server and both computers download the same emails with no problems.

What I'd like to be able to do is set up the email folders so when I save an email from either computer it shows up into the identical folders on both computers. Can this be done ??

Thanks,

Reply to
Ray

Yes this is strictly for home use. What will thsi IMAP do for me ??

Ray

Reply to
Ray

Will outlook 2003 have to be setup on both computers ??

Reply to
Ray

Asking for headaches if you are using OE. You might as well go to Outlook

2003 and then setup IMAP to avoid the cost of an exchange server. I assume you are using this for home use?

Jenni

Reply to
Jenni

You could if you used outlook and shared personal folders, or if the mailserver was IMAP, or an exchange server, not sure you can in OE, as the way it uses folders is a bigger pain...

Daniel

Reply to
Daniel Bennett

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.