Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
February 16, 2005, 9:22 pm
rate this thread
Just thought I should share my satisfaction with using the Edimax EW-7128g
card for a wireless network I have built and support. These cards are built
using RALINK RT2500 chip technology and drivers, with a cable connected
I have 8 PCs with a variety of configurations and operating systems, W98SE,
W2K, WXPHome, Celeron 400 to Pentium 4.
The hub is a NetGear DG834G. The environment is a large, three story
Edwardian House, with the hub on the ground floor.
All the cards installed very easilly with no issues and I get complete
coverage of the house, although the most extreme PCs operate closer to
11Mbps (including one on the third floor, through a number of walls).
Given the price (see pcnextday.co.uk ) I can't see why one would use
- » winxp box with wireless router to win98se box with USB adapter
- — Previous thread in » Wireless Networking
- » Ooma tells me speed & jitter are ok but I have 0.25% packet loss on WISP
- — Newest thread in » Wireless Networking
- » Telecom Digest Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum