DWL-2100AP ptp Bridge vs. ClientAP

What's the difference? I have a di-624 router, I am able to connect the 2100ap via ClientAP or ptpBridge to the root AP (the di-624). Why would anyone choose one over the other? This does not seem to be made clear.

Also, on the 2100ap side, would another router be required for multiple ethernet devices? I tried to replace the router with a switch and everything was going super slow and timing out. Is it possible for multiple devices to use the 2100ap without nat? (i.e. di-624 - - ->

2100ap ----> swtitch ----> devices)

Thanks, Max

Reply to
tallgreen
Loading thread data ...

Yes. That helps. I have things working now. The newest firmware is a must and I needed to restore factory settings and reconfig in order for the firmware to make a difference.

Thank You.

Max

Reply to
tallgreen

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

A point-to-point bridge requires a mating pair of devices each configured in Bridge mode. This configuration is intended to connect two remote Ethernet segments. It operates like a very long, but wireless, Ethernet cable.

No

This should be fine with the DWL-2100AP in Wireless Client (AP Client) mode, although you may need to be running the current firmware.

Hope this helps

Reply to
Richard Perkin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.