Dual-Polarized Wifi Antennas

Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase an dual-polarized antenna that operates at

2.4Ghz. In particular its necessary that the phase centers of each of the elements be close to spatially identical. So I guess something like a patch antenna with the elements making an X pattern and centerfed feeds. Any suggestions where to order such an antenna? I've purchased most my antennas from hyperlink but don't carry this sort of antenna. Thanks for any suggestions,

Kev

Reply to
kevin.pavin
Loading thread data ...

Hi Kev

Do you want circular polarization or will you use switching to *either* antenna?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Martes

I want seperate feeds, one from each, so individually I will have a vertical and a horizontal polarized antenna with co-located phase centers.

Jerry Martes wrote:

Reply to
kevin.pavin

Search for "polarization diversity antenna". You should find some such as:

There are plenty of dual polarization and circular polarized antennas, but most have a single coaxial feed line.

I don't know of anyone doing dual crossed dipoles (or colinears) with a common phase center. The design of the coax to dipole transition would be rather messy. Two baluns in close proximity would be necessary, and they are certain to couple to each other.

The requirement for a common phase center is rather odd. I can only speculate that you're trying to feed a dish reflector with this antenna. If this is the case, there are better ways to do diversity polarization such as a "can" type of feed, with two feeds positioned

90 degrees apart.

Some clue as to what you are trying to accomplish would be helpful.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.