Draytek 2600We 802.11G upgrade.

Noticed that inside my Draytek 802.11b wireless router, is a bog standard PCMCIA card (checking the MAC address lookup, it seems it's a Z-COM card).

Anyone know of a 802.11G PCMCIA card that will work in there. The problem I assume, is gonna be the firmware will have to recognise the card. Might try to find another Z-COM 54G card to try...

If anyone has tried this before, would appreciate any pointers, as my only other option is to sell the 2600We and buy a 2600G..

Reply to
Black Shuck
Loading thread data ...

I presume that any PCMCIA card with the same chip as Z-Com will work, but then 802.11G chip from the same manufacturer might be different. Perhaps the best bet would be to find out what card is in the 2600G, put that in and use 2600G firmware ? You should ask this question on the Draytek.co.uk/support/ owners forum.

I have 2600We working perfectly, but I don't see any advantage in G, unless you want to stream video between your computers. I might be interested in the 2600We if you decide to sell. regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.