Does there exist a Linux or BSD distro that works with the Linksys WMP54G?

So far, I've tried Ubuntu 7.10 and PC-BSD 1.4.1 with no success with my WMP54G (no version number). Supposedly Ubuntu should work with it out of the box. Not true. Attempts to set it up manually have failed. PC-BSD doesn't see it either, and my attempts to configure that manually have also failed. In either case, I'm not sure that either OS is able to detect the PCI card as being anything at all. I've done a lot of googling, and all I've ever been able to find are conflicting suggestions from different people. Some people claim success, while plenty of others just seem to never get it to work.

Is there any Linux or BSD distro that actually will detect this device and let the user configure it without having to jump through hoops?

Let's say I'm willing to jump through some hoops. Is there online documentation for any Linux or BSD that actually explains how to get this to work? I haven't found anything other than incomplete suggestions in forums.

Thanks.

Reply to
theosib
Loading thread data ...

Without a version No. of the WMP54G I doubt anyone can give you an accurate answer as different versions had different chipsets. Ver4.0 is the only one listed as working oob.

RTxxxx chipsets

Reply to
LR

Can you see an FCC-ID No. on the card? If it is PKW-WMP54G it is probably a ver1 Version 2 is listed as PKW-WMP54GV2. Version 4 is listed as Q87-WMPGV4.

Reply to
LR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.