Does Orinoco Gold card work with Vista?

I've got the Orinoco Gold Classic 802.11b wireless adapter (8410-WD). Does anyone know if it works with Windows Vista?

Reply to
void.no.spam.com
Loading thread data ...

Did you check the maker's website for Vista drivers?

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

Proxim owns the Orinoco brand now, and their web site sucks. You have to register before you can download any drivers, so I just registered and they are asking me a bunch of questions like what company I am and various business related questions that don't apply to me. Forget that. And their web site doesn't even list the Orinoco Gold Classic

802.11b card anymore, so I doubt they have any Vista drivers for it. I'm pretty sure they stopped supporting the card several years ago.
Reply to
void.no.spam.com

Well I just have to ask, who are you thinking has written drivers for it for Vista if the maker no longer 'cares' about the card?

fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong.

Reply to
Rico

Indeed, and personally I don't see the point in trying to get a decade-old slow network card working, when 11g cards are ten-a-penny.

However if someone insists, I have a 10-base-T ISA network card with AUI and BNC connectors somewhere. And an 8" floppy drive.

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

I have read that you can sometimes use XP drivers in Vista. So that's why I wanted to know if anyone has tried doing that.

Reply to
void.no.spam.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.