Do you know where we can find the 3 key WiFi specs for the iPad?

That would be an iPad Air with both Wi-Fi and Cellular:

That would be the 64GB model on T-Mobile:

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann
Loading thread data ...

Hi Jeff,

As per your suggestion, I plugged the FCC ID into:

formatting link

As Grantee Code (First three or five characters of FCCID): BCG And as Product Code (Remaining characters of FCCID): A1475

With the result being the cryptic error: Date and time of error: Sun Mar 02 23:00:54 EST 2014 Requester's address: 192.168.199.13 Requester's browser type: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0 Called from:

formatting link
Parameters specified: RequestTimeout=500 Diagnostic information: Error Executing Database Query. weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourceDisabledException: Pool OETDataSource is Suspended, cannot allocate resources to applications.. The error occurred on line 26.

Reply to
Liam O'Connor

That makes it my fault.

(...)

Yep, that's exactly what I got on 2 machines and one tablet. I mentioned the problem in one of my rants yesterday. It seems that almost every weekend, the FCC ID lookup site goes down with some kind of database error. Oddly, it's not always the same error. It only seems to happen on weekends, when there is probably nobody looking at error messages and log files. It will be back sometime on Monday.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Ooops. I'm sorry if it came off that way. I know you had already said it often doesn't work. I'll wait for them to fix it and try again tomorrow.

It's NOT your fault! You gave good advice!

Reply to
Liam O'Connor

Moron.

Disprove it.

formatting link

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It must be someone's fault. The first step to solving a problem is to blame someone. In other words, it's not going to get fixed without first assigning the blame. It's generally considered a bad idea blaming anyone involved in fixing the problem and blaming yourself is equally counterproductive. It's considered traditional to blame the person who notices the problem, but that won't work here. Therefore, I suggest you find suitable culprit, scapegoat, sacrificial victim, innocent bistander, or consultant to blame.

In the past, when I complained about the non-availability of the site on weekends, I received the usual "site is down for upgrades" excuse. I just noticed that it's now fairly close to the official policy of crashing the site Saturday at 10PM thru Sunday at 6AM EST.

As of: Mon Mar 03 11:41:50 EST 2014 the FCC ID web pile is still down. Hmmm.... 3 hrs late so far. Perhaps nobody complained and the (outsourced) admins didn't notice? Enter BCG A1475, search, and click on the "Please report this error to FCC OET Systems Support" link to send eashelp a reminder. It automagically includes the error message making it quite easy to complain.

"Pool OETDataSource is Suspended, cannot allocate..." I was wondering the meaning of that SQL error message. I think I found the "suspended pool". Hmmm...

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Well, that didn't work. I just got this back from the site:

snipped-for-privacy@fcc.gov is no longer an active or monitored mailbox.

For help resolving issues associated with using the Equipment Authorization System (EAS), please go to

formatting link
and select submit an Inquiry. In the First Category Field, Select "Administrative Requirements", and include in the subject field "EAS Help". Please clearly describe your issue in the "enter inquiry field". After you select submit, you will be permitted to add attachments. For a faster response please provide PDF or JPEG of screen images of the error message and the web page preceding the error message showing all content including the URLs.

Like I said, complaining takes too much effort to be worthwhile. FCC ID lookup is still dead. Yawn...

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Is a 'bistander' one who, er, prefers to watch?

Reply to
alexd

It would probably help if I had spelled it correctly. That's the correct US definition, but I had the spelling wrong:

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Here is my spin on this. I expect all databases to be full of bugs, but I at least expect access to the buggy databases.

What I like about the product database is how the FCC often forgets not to upload confidential documents.

Reply to
miso

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.