dlink dwl-g700ap signal loss problems

I have the above access point running and I get occasional signal loss and disconnection/reconnection issues to the point of making the setup almost useless. I have tried changing the channel from 6 to a couple of others and still see signal loss. I have a laptop with an Intel 2200 pro card, a linksys pci, a dlink pci and a linksys usb and individually and together i get the same symptoms but the laptop seems to be the best.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Heywood Jablome
Loading thread data ...

If your running XP, the biggest problem appears to be the WZC (wireless zero configuration) utility, especially if you are not broadcasting your SSID. On XP machines, get connected then go to Control Panel//Admin services/Services and stop the service. See if you stay connected. The common fix is to get a different utility and dont use wzc. If one didnt come with your cards there are a few free ones out there. Boingo has a free one on their site that I have tried and works pretty good.

best.

Reply to
Airhead

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.