DLink DSL-G604T NAT/ DMZ Weirdness

Hi all, I've got a weird problem that I really cant work out with my DLink DSL-G604T.

I have a single fixed IP address with Zen Internet on my WAN, on my LAN I have a couple of wireless laptops (DHCP) and a linux box (fixed IP & CAT 5), All can see the internet and all can see each other. All I want to do is set my Linux box to be internet facing, either all ports in a DMZ or a few select port (22, 80, etc).

On my router config I have the linux box set in the DMZ, I have NAT switched on and I even have the firewall routing the relevent ports to the linux box (i telnetted in and checked the iptable (i realise I dont need to have the ports & the "all" rule there, but I'm running out of ideas)

ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere 192.168.0.20 tcp dpt:10000 ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere 192.168.0.20 tcp dpt:www ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere 192.168.0.20 tcp dpt:ssh ACCEPT all -- anywhere 192.168.0.20

Can anybody please tell me why when I browse to my external IP address either internally or externally... I get my D-Link Admin Page... and I do have remote web/ telnet switched off.

I've had the problem since new, firmware hasnt helped and I really think I have tried everything

Thanking in advance

Nick

Reply to
youngerpants
Loading thread data ...

Thanks for getting back

I've tried this, when I type a specific port (e.g I run webmin on port

10000) my browser just times out. It seems that no inbound routing gets past the router.

I have just tried running a no-ip service on the linux box but that doesnt seem to get through either

Any other ideas would be appreciated

Reply to
youngerpants

you not only have to type your external ip address, but also include the port your pc is opened on in the DMZ.

Reply to
Robert Jacobs

Yup, the port is open on the router firewall, and the linux box DOES have IPChains installed but it is completely open... I can see these ports on my LAN

Reply to
youngerpants

Did you open port 1000 in your router? Most routers have simple firewall protection and usually by default all ports are in stealth mode. Also are you running a firewall program on your linux box?

Reply to
Robert Jacobs

ok, so when you are out on the net and you type in the IP address, you must also include the port number to use in the IP address. if you just type the IP address your service provider issues then you will get your routers admin login page.

Reply to
Robert Jacobs

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.