Dlink DI-824VUP+ - Print server problemes

Hi, I'm having trouble with my DI-824VUP+ and it's print server capabilities. I have the latest firmware.

I have done the following:

- Attached a Canon IP 5000 to the router via USB

- Installed the printer server software

- Added my printer in XP, set it up on the PRTmate printer port, changed the IP to my routers IP, and selected USB as device.

The problem is that the print doesnt seem to reach the printer. Nothing happens.

I tried printing to the LPR port in XP (not using PRTmate), and setting the queue to lpUSB0, RAW print. I got a test page out on the machine I was working on, but on another computer (XP also) the test page was garbled.

I'm looking for any and all ppl who have had problems (similar or other) and who have solved them.

Reply to
Stein Arne Storslett
Loading thread data ...

I had similar problems with mine. Delete the port and follow the instructions exactly. Second time round (first time everything worked) on the second machine I had a similar prob with w2k. Seems I jumped the gun and didn't do it "their way" but another logical way which is why it failed. cb

Reply to
Chris Berry

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.