Dlink DI-824VUP+ and Belkin F5D6020 ver2

Different brands of wireless stuff sometimes generate the passphrase different. Enter the passphrase in the DI and then copy the resulting key into the Belkin config or vica versa and see if that helps..

Reply to
Airhead
Loading thread data ...

Hi, I'm trying to connect a Belkin F5D6020 ver 2 to my DI-824VUP+. Has anybody tried this and made it work.

It seems the F5D6020 finds the network, but when I try and enter the WEP passphrase it rejects it. I'll try without the pw tonight, to see if that works, but I really want to have _some_ security.

Reply to
Stein Arne Storslett

wrote in :

Well, the fact of the matter is this: I can connect if I turn WEP off (WPA is not supported on the F5D6020). So I'm one step further. But running without any encryption is not what I want.

On the DI-824VUP+ you don't have the option to enter a passphrase and have keys generated. You type in your key (whatever you like) and do the same on the network card. On my DWL-G120 this works just fine.

I now have issues with my Nokia D211 GSM/GPRS/WLAN card (which doesn't work at all with the DI-824VUP+) and the F5D6020 (which works if I run without any security). I can't wait until the can standarize so that it all works out of the box like wired LAN mostly do now. I guess it's like believing in St Claus, but ...

Reply to
Stein Arne Storslett

wrote in :

:

Okay, I posted to fast.

I used an ASCII WEP key earlier. When I tried a HEX key it all worked. I'm happy now. I even think I'll celebrate (one beer or something)!

Okay, it's official: Access Point (AP) D-link DI-824VUP+ and wireless card Belkin F5D6020 ver2 can work together. But you need to use a HEX WEP key (ASCII didn't work).

Reply to
Stein Arne Storslett

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.