Dlink DI-524 version .01 firmware 4.00; can't make contact with it

Windows XP pro sp2, cannot establish contact with the router (computer and nics are known good). IE can't load the web interface (may not be one), cannot telnet to it in truth haven't tried putty yet. I'm using 192.168.0.1 as the target IP. Oh, all this is wired, wireless also produces no contact. I have done a reset for about 30 seconds, tried just rebooting. Various lights come on as they should. DHCP server appears to not be working. What I can't tell is if it is set up wrong. With wireless nic in laptop, doesn't even detect a wireless network.

Cannot find a paper manual for this device. Have visited Dlink sight and link takes me to a firmware page, not a manual. Anyone out here have one of these routers? What am I missing. I'd like to get this working as it belongs to a friend on a limited budget.

Thanks.

fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong.

Reply to
Rico
Loading thread data ...

I know that I have the product manual for my DI-524 in zipped form. IIRC I downloaded it from D-Link.

formatting link
YOU NEED TO KNOW THE REVISION!!

Is this a brand new router or a used one that might have been adjusted to the owner's preference? Maybe the address was changed or the DHCP was shut off or ??? You might need to "reset" the router back to original settings and not just reboot it. ;-)

later, dave (One out of many daves)

formatting link

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

hi there, as the prev person suggested u need to do a reset on the router, behind the router ull see a reset button,disconnect all the cables except for the power supply on the router, and use a papper clip to reset the router, hold down the reset button for atleast 10secs and then release it, this should work,first try the wired connection to the router and check the IP and default gateway by going the command prompt "IPCONFIG" note down the default gateway and open IE and enter the default gateway there, and ull be able to access the router page.the default user would be "admin" and the password is blank ie leave it blank, TIP: for cable internet connection u dont have to configure the router settings as most of the cable connections are DHCP enabled,check for the physical connections and then u should be able to access internet. also check pinging to the router and any websites that willl tell whether you get internet connection from the router..

Reply to
allrise23

Nope, dlink support issued RMA. Thanks though

fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong.

Reply to
Rico

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.