DLink 524 router locked up...solved?

My DLink 524 router started locking up randomly. All 5 wired and power LEDs on. Happened from 2 min to 8 hrs or so. But I found that constantly pinging the router keeps it up. Why?

A little more info; The 1 computer connecting wirelessly kept losing connection when streaming mms: with mplayer (after 1-2 min). But not when I used vnc to watch it. Pinging the router from it kept it going. When not streaming, the router did its lockup tricks. So I started pinging it always from the wired connection.

Oh, and no bttorrent running either 8-)

Brian

Reply to
slowtuna
Loading thread data ...

I had the similar issue with the di-524, it was version d

I had to upgrade the firmware and that solved the issue. My recoomnedation is to goto

formatting link
the version of your router ans upgrade your firmware by follwing the instructions.

Reply to
Eugene J. Maes

Hello,

It seems that D-Link routers are pretty unstable, particularly when the e-mail log server is activated. Mine locked up after every logfile sent. Friends had the same problem with their D-Link router and it runs now 24/7 since the log e-mail is deactivated.

Ciao @+

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
F8BOE

My firmware is the latest and I don't have any log emails.

I'm just wondering why pinging it would help. I've ordered a LinkSys.

adios

F8BOE wrote:

Reply to
slowtuna

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.