Difficulty setting up 210 Router. Cannot log on to 192.168.1.1

Hi, I have an unlocked BT 210 Router which i am having difficulty setting up. Everything goes fine up until i try and login at 192.168.1.1 where once i try and login the page keeps on refereshing itself until eventually just sticking at the logon page.

I have contacted madasafish (my isp) and they thought it could have be my firewall settings or something but i have tried disabling all of my computer security and i still had the same problem.

The comp screen appears in the bottom right of my screen saying it is connected and all the lights on the router suggest it is good to go so i am not sure what i am doing wrong.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance,

Oliver

Reply to
panacea.purchases
Loading thread data ...

snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com hath wroth:

Cute. It's trying to load something over and over, probably in response to what it thinks is input. I'm not sure what to do about this, but I've seen some router firmware that's very picky about what browser is used to configure it. Try a different browser (IE6, IE7, Firefox, Opera, Netscape, etc) and see if it helps. I'll assume you're doing this via a CAT5 wired ethernet cable, not via wireless.

No, the firewall might prevent you from connecting in the first place, but cannot force a reload or refresh. You're already connected, so that's not the problem.

Unless you're leaning on the keyboard (it happens), and sending continuous keystrokes to the BT210, you're not doing anything wrong.

If a different browser doesn't help, borrow a different computer and try again. If they both do it, then there's something broken in the router or that it has a corrupted firmware image installed.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.