Did kismac break my Macbook's Airport card?

Well here's the story... a few days ago I tried to put DD-WRT on my WRT54GV5 router. I thought I bricked it cause i couldn't access the firmware at all but luckily I had a copy of the official linksys one and was able to get that up and running. So for a couple days everything worked fine... wirelessly and otherwise. Then suddenly my new macbook (non pro) which I had previously been using kismac on was not able to connect to the internet with it. Figuring it could be the router, I tried using a linksys USB card I had and it works perfectly. I even went as far as re-formatting and reinstalling OS X to try and replace my airport driver (figuring kismac replaced the default one by mistake), and no success. The only thing I notice now is that it DOES appear my router is leasing the macbook an IP address... but I can't ping the router or otherwise access it from the macbook. Please help

Reply to
psx1337
Loading thread data ...

You poor hacker...

Reply to
Axel Hammerschmidt

You poor troll...

Reply to
psx1337

Are any other machines on the network able to ping the macbook?

Reply to
Joshua Beall

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.