DI524 connectivity problem with compaq wireless 54g

We have recently changed our router from a belkin 11b device to a new Linksys DI524 wireless router and now were having a connectivity issue when we turn on our notebooks.

We are using Bell South DSL 3mbs service which assigns us a static IP address and once connected to the router all is well, our problems is when we power up our notebooks we get a notification that the wireless connection is not available, I can hit properties, and bring up the network box, it shows my wireless lan with a red mark through it.., so, I hit refresh a few times and it comes up go to close the box the connection is lost, then I hit properties again and I get the Unsecure network notification, I click on it and close the box and then the connection works 90% of the time, maybe 95% of the time, if that does not work well, then I reboot and sometimes that helps.

Our computers are Compaq Presario 2100 with built in 54g wireless networking standard. I do not have WEP engaged on any notebooks or, on the router.. like I said, I can usually work around it but it takes going through the motions to get the connection.

So, now, we are visiting my daughters house and they have a wireless SMC network router, no WEB encription and the notebooks fire up with no problem, Bam (as Emerald would say) and here I am.. up and running no hassle..

I'd really like to get this squared away with still using the DI524 I have a great signal once I get connected, but, this screwing around is driving my wife and I crazy as we both have the same Compaq notebooks, the Lyncsys is really creating a problem. .

If you have any ideas or suggestion I'd sure appreciate your help.

Dave snipped-for-privacy@eaglecanyon.com

Reply to
Dave
Loading thread data ...

wireless

Unsecure

running

notebooks,

Have you tried a different channel on your wireless router, could be someones elses network is interfering.

1 6 and 11 are the common use channels. If your on 6 try 11 or 1.
Reply to
Airhead

I will look at that, but, were on 20 acres and I don't see any other networks when I look at properties, but who knows. It almost seems like a conflict of sometype but when we come here to VA, with the SMC router I get on right away no problems with either notebook. Its just real frustraiting to have to wait for the darn wireless connection... I will have to call Dlink when I get home and see if they have any ideas.. Yea, Right!

Thanks for the info, we will give it a try.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.