DI-714p+ log time is off by 5 hrs

I have a DI-714p+ router and the device time is set correctly on Easter Standard Time but, when i look at the log section of the router the time stated with each access attempt or internet traffic is slow by 5 hrs. I cannot figure out why that would be considering what i said in the beginning of this post. If anyone has experienced this problem, please let me know what you did to resolve it.

Thanks

Reply to
scott.tabbey
Loading thread data ...

Are you using an NTP server (for example 132.163.4.102) to get the correct (UTC) time? Have you selected your correct time zone (Eastern Standard Time)? Five hours is the difference between EST and UTC.

Reply to
BozoZenobia

See also

formatting link
Hope that helps.

Reply to
BozoZenobia

Well i solved my own problem. It appears that when the log is viewed with Safari on my macinotosh it displays as being off by 5 hrs. When displayed with Firefox on my mac it shows up with the correct time. Very strange and i hope dlink fixes it. Thanks to the those who responded to my original post.

Reply to
b117sat

depends where the bug actually is - it could be dlink or it could be safari. it sounds like it is not adjusting for the time zone offset or applying it twice.

run an html validator on the html to see if it is standards compliant.

also test it with other browsers, especially ones which share the same html renderer, such as omniweb and konqueror.

without actually seeing the html there is no way to be sure what is actually happening and thus impossible to know who is at fault.

Reply to
nospam

Why would Dlink fix something that appears to be wrong with your Safari Browser?

Reply to
DLink Guru

but firefox might be adjusting for non-standard html issues. most browsers do that because so many websites have really crappy html.

it is premature to blame either dlink or safari until someone looks at

*why* it is off five hours.
Reply to
nospam

Thats my point, he did try it with firefox and it showed the correct time......

SNIP

Reply to
DLink Guru

Er, if two different browsers show a different result for the same page, its much more likely to be a browser difference than a server one. Did you look at the raw html?

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.