DI-624 Power Adapter

Hi There.

I've been using a DI-624 for 2 weeks with no problems, and one day it was dead, it wouldnt turn on.. The power adapter 5v 2.5A wouldnt supply power also, I used a functionnal DI-604 Power adapter 5V

2A which Im pretty sure would work on a DI-624, but it do not turn on, so I got another di-624 from ebay @ 15$ no antenna no power adapter, I tried it with the new di-624 I got from ebay and it doesnt the same thing, I mean it doesnt do anything as it wont turn on... does the di-624 draws 2.5A and I really need a 2.5Amp to make it works or if its functionnal it should turn on with a 2A... ?

Is it frequent for the di-624 to just stop working like this?.. should I go get a linksys instead ?

thanks

Reply to
rift
Loading thread data ...

sounds like a silly question but did you check the recepitcal???.... It could also be that the power adapter for the DI-604 is not wired the same as the DI-624....ie on one the outer could be (-) and the other the outer part of the plug it (+)....the .5 amp draw should not be enough to cause it not to work.....

Reply to
DavidT

Hi! Yes I did check the power adapter from the DI-604 with a multimeter, the polarity are the same.. I even tried using and old computer power supply which supply 5V with 15amps. so it would have been more than enough to make it work. but it still doesnt turn on...

Reply to
rift

On 17 Jul 2006 09:11:57 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in :

Not frequent, but it does happen -- I just had a DI-624 die on me.

Doubt that it would be any more reliable.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.