DI-624 & Firmware 2.50

Has anyone experienced the same?...

Just upgraded to the latest firmware (2.50) for my rev.C DI-624 and I just cant handle how slow has become the internet. After trying to change some settings, I had to go back to the previous firmware (2.42). For now I'll stick to the old firmware because 2.50 seems to be buggy as hell.

Thanks for letting me know i'm not the only one.

Marc

Reply to
Marc Chabot
Loading thread data ...

I upgraded the firmware to v2.50 a few weeks ago and did not experience any slowdowns. I did experience numerous router reboots. Like you, I went back to v2.42.

Just Me, D

Reply to
Doug Jamal

I had the same issue, was taking 120x longer to load pages on the web, and some apges were timing out.. had to reload firmware .42

still looking for a way to upgrade my firmware, because with the old firmware, my 2.4ghz wireless phone causes problems with the wireless network.

Louis

Reply to
Louis

When version 2.5 initially becmae available, I upgraded my DI-624 rev C with it. The firmware appeared very buggy so I downgraded back to version 2.42. Yesterday, I decided to try the 2.50 again. The reason being is that my Netgear WG511T notebook card now supports XR so I wanted to see how well they communicated together with XR enabled. So far, it is great. I see no degradation in speed, no reboots and no quirks in my system. We'll see if it continues to perform smoothly.

Just Me, D

Reply to
Doug Jamal

I have the identical problem with a DI-624 revision C3. It came with

2.42 factory loaded, and when load>Has anyone experienced the same?...
Reply to
Simon

Reply to
Doug Jamal

Update - Funny enough, my old cablemodem failed on my coincidentally while I was experiencing these problems. The modem was a Motorola Cybersurfer which appears to be a 'CLDP' modem. Needless to say, my provider is swapping those out (since it's very old, and I've had it since around 1998) They replaced it with a new Motorola Surfboard DOCSIS 2.0 modem. With the new modem, I then thought to upgrade the firmware to 2.50 on a whim...Turns out it worked! So it appears the Dlink doesn't like specific modems, and my old one looks like one of them. Bear in mind I played with all the modem specific settings (ie. WAN speed, which is pretty much the only setting I think there is?) In any case, hope this helps any other users, as I was at my wits end on it.

Cheers Sim>My initial upgrade to firmware 2.50 produced not-so-great results so I

Reply to
Simon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.