DI-524 wireless router - Cannot find server from Internet Explorer

Hi, I have a DI-524 wireless router. I'm connecting via wireless G from a Toshiba notebook.

Lately, I have been encountering numerous instances where I click on a link on a web page and the response will say "Cannot find server" in Internet Explorer. The error at the bottom is DNS error. But if I refresh the page, the page usually comes up fine on the refresh.

I am not sure if this is specific to using the wireless connection, or it could my service provider, if there are other reasons this might be happening. But it is happening so often that it has gotten frustrating.

Any ideas on what this could be?

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
google
Loading thread data ...

If you have not done so, be sure to get the latest firmware for the router. They reciently released a new firmware the fixes conectivity issues.

Reply to
Kent_Diego

Thanks, I did the upgrade. But I have new problems now (as per my new thread).

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
google
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

I'm guessing overloaded/slow DNS servers at your service provider. A possible work-around is to manually configure other DNS servers.

Reply to
John Navas

You might look at the free (for personal use) DNS program package called TreeWalk DNS. Check out the web page at

formatting link
for more information.

It cleared up my problems with DNS issues I was having using my ISP's DNS servers by basically bypassing them for most web pages.

Reply to
GlowingBlueMist

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.