Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- dell inspiron 8600 with 1350 wireless card
January 11, 2006, 10:59 pm
rate this thread
I have this inspiron 8600 with a built in Dell 1350 wireless card
802.11b and g and May 2005 update to it from dell.
I'm in a hotel with wireless access points in different location. I'm
told 12 access points serving about 200 rooms
I'd like to increase signal and speed.
1. Can I guess aluminum strip facing up from behind screen on cover of
my Dell will work with any PCMCIA card as once this PCMCIA card it
installed it becomes default wireless card?
2. WIll it send and receive faster than my built in 1350 card? my 1350
is capable of 802.11g at 54Mbps.
This inspiron was purchased from Dell new in November 2004.
Signal and speed with 1350 wireless flucuates with users on line and
close to access points.
card I was thinking of buying is a TrendNet 421PC
- » History 1957 dial upgrade [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum
- » Re: [telecom] Ajit Pai proposes new rule that would allow carriers to block r...
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum