dell 2300 setup question

I've just gotten a Dell True Mobile model 2300. I'm about to try wireless modem use for first time.

Do you just hook the up the Dell unit with power and Ethernet and then put the Dell CD in and follow instructions? Does the pc with ant then control the Dell unit to do whatever instructions say to do?

Reply to
rb
Loading thread data ...

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:20:56 -0600, "rb" wrote in :

Wireless modem as in cellular? Or Wi-Fi? What make and model of wireless adapter? Check Device Manager, under Network Adapters.

Why would you need Ethernet?

What does your Dell manual say? Check for an antenna switch and >> make sure

Reply to
John Navas

I call it ethernet because it's on the other end of the phone line.

The Dell fact sheet on this is not at all accurate as to what to do with it up front.

The pc is my pc with an USB antenna for receiving/transmitting wireless to to the wireless modem.

I'm trying to figure out if mainly what I do is put a CD into my pc and it somehow automatically sets up the wireless modem.

Reply to
rb

No. The device is a Router and should be set up wired to your PC through one of the 4 LAN ports and the Internet port hooked up to your Cable/DSL modem. After the router is configured wired you can then setup the wireless part. The Dell User's Guide is found here.

formatting link

Reply to
Pen

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 13:58:58 -0600, "rb" wrote in :

Huh? I have no idea what you mean by that. If this a phone modem, or a wireless modem?

I'm afraid I find your posts every bit as confusing.

What wireless modem? Make? Model? What exactly are you trying to do?

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.